Friday, April 20, 2012

All Players: 24/7 Live EA MMA Chat Room!

Ok so for those who saw my earlier post on this, A community member pointed out a potential security flaw - So i went back to the drawing board for 30 mins to re-*
and now i 100% guarantee a secure 24/7 real time chat environment for all of the EA MMA players out there!
This may seem like a lengthy post but i promise you that it does not actually take as long to set up as it does to read!
Ok first thing - Install Pidgin Messenger onto your computer
Windows Users http://www.pidgin.im/download/windows/
Linux Users - You already have it installed if your using ubuntu
Once installed - Open up Pidgin Messenger
Now it should come up with a screen giving you an option to add an account. If it does not then click the Account tab on the top menu > Manage Account > Add Account
Now you will see the options in the drop down list for msn,yahoo,aol etc etc - Find IRC and select that
Type in your user name ( forum names / gamertags would make sense for obvious reasons )
In the Server box copy and paste : irc.foonetic.net
Select your password - tick remember password
A chat box will now pop up with chat windows - 1 called info serv - 2nd called NickServ - Dont close these
In the InfoServ chat window type /join #EAMMA
You are now in the chat room - TADA!
Now the next time you boot up pidgin you want to be able to go straight to the chat room right? Well..
On your buddy list click buddies >> Add Chat
Channel Name: #EAMMA
Password: Your password obviously
Alias: Leave Blank
Group: Leave Blank
Tick - Auto join when account connects
And there you have it! a 24/7 live, real time chat room for all EA MMA users that is 100% safe and secure.
I encourage all regulars on these forums to join the fun - You know who you are! Getting to speak with you guys in real time could be a real blast if people are willing to spend 7 mins setting it up.
If you lot dont want to use it then its fine - I was only trying to bring something new to table for you all to enjoy :)
I'm not expecting a mad rush of people to use it immediately so if you do set it up and only see a small handful of players using it, dont be disheartened - Stick with it and im pretty sure more people will find the time to set it up when they have spare time.
Xbox and PS3 guys welcome - I'm a multi platform kinda guy :)
Peace out folks and enjoy!
|||I fully support everyone who comes here from time to time to join this... Great job and thanks NRG
|||Yea cool.
Give me some time before I join up. Intimidated by that long post NRG lol.
|||Ah its cool guys. I dont use windows so was unsure if this would work however MMAchamp set it up no problems on windows so s'all good. Im sure it will take time to get going and if it doesnt take off then nevermind :)|||This is a grat initiative to bring the community a bit closer together.
Great job NRG, I will most certainly join you guys occasionally.|||uppp|||ever heard of aim
?|||


ever heard of aim
?

If you would rather use aim just use the same instructions but with aim...Simple as really isnt it irwin!|||how about icq?|||


how about icq?

Find out for yourself if you can apply those instructions to ICQ bro. I dont know everything. I know how i set it up for other people to use. Those that have followed my instructions have done it fine. If icq has an IRC option then yes. If any multiplatform chat programme has an IRC option then it should work.
Peace out|||up|||up|||is anybody ever there? there should be, because it is super easy to download and so much easier to type when it happens in real time.|||I havent even set it up on my new laptop yet - I will do though at some point tomorrow lol
I dont think people want to use it though - It just seemed like a good idea at the time :)
|||it was a good idea, people weren't just interested in it =)
I would use it but I'm always alone in there so I stopped going there at some point.
now if someone would be there, I would gladly use it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment