Thursday, April 26, 2012

Leaderboard Ranking System

It seems to me that the online ranking system is a bit random.
I ve seen on the leaderboard a lot of times guys being ranked better than me even though i have had more fights than them plus a better wins over losses ratio,too.How can it be?I know that the competition you are put up against also counts,but how can someone face so much better competition since i never duck opponents?
I m pretty sure there are guys ranked worse than me even though theyve had more fights and better ratios,too.
I ve also compared some top 100 guys and a lot of times the ranking system is not fair. What do you guys think about this?|||ya|||The EA SPORTS MMA Leaderboards use the same ranking formula that most all EA SPORTS games use. It is very similar to an Elo system. Read up on Elo here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
In short, the quality of your wins plays into you leaderboard position. For example, if Player 1 has a 3-2 record then he may be ranked higher than Player 2 with a 4-1 if Player 1's 3 wins were against much higher ranked opponents.
-JW

No comments:

Post a Comment