Thursday, April 26, 2012

Help a classic control user that sucks at stand up

Laugh all you want, but I use classic controlls and suck at stand up. When fighting I immediatly try to get double underhooks, get my opponent to the ground and GnP him. I might go for a submission, but I never fight standing up. Even a white belt managed to rock me. That's when I realised, that I'm doing something very wrong. Besides more experienced players don't allow themselves to be clinched and just beat me up. Pls help.
When at stand up I usually try to keep distance and strike, when I think I have him in reach. Even when I am successful, my opponent either parries my second punch or backs off, while I flail at the air and lose stamina. How come they back off so easily? When my opponent hits me I can't back up as quickly as him. Also I'm kind of afraid of blocking, since it opens opportunites for the opponent to take me down or clinch me. Therefore I usually try to dash sideways instead of blocking, it works but it opens opportunities for a flash KO. Should I parry instead? And if yes how do I prevent takedowns? My main problem is that I find the classic controlls aren't precise when it comes to striking. When I want to hit someone I move towards him, then when I strike him it registers as a hook, because I'm coming towards my opponent, but hooks eat your stamina very quickly. To do a straight I have to let go of the left stick, but at the same time I need to move towards my opponent, who is backing up. I just can't get the hang of it.
Standup fighters pls help. What's your technique? And what's the best style for standup fighting? Is kickboxing any good?|||Block. Its your best defense now. Dont bother with parries, it will get you knocked out. Bob and weave. Stop attacking when he gets out of your range. It's about range and timing now, you cant just hammer through someones defenses.|||If your on xbox ht me up. Same name. I'll help you clean it up my standup is pretty good.|||Thx but I'm on the PS3. I'm starting to understand the timing and range. Can I ask you guys what fighting style do you use? and what is best for a standup fighter?|||I use Muay Thai. It suits my, I tend to kick alot and use the clinch. I don't know if there is a best. Kick boxing maybe.|||


I use Muay Thai. It suits my, I tend to kick alot and use the clinch. I don't know if there is a best. Kick boxing maybe.
Yeah, they can be best at standup. Once their maxed at standup their ground stats are atrocious.

No comments:

Post a Comment