Thursday, April 26, 2012

Online Balance should be a sub-forum

There are plenty of threads about balance, and it would be nice to have all of these in one place.
What I wanted to make a thread about was the fact that it appears to be impossible to escape submissions from some guys. I have almost all my victories by sub, and it wasn't until recently that I realized that this is probably cheap.
I thought I was just good at the choke mini-game, but now that I have played one of my other friends who is also good at it, I realize that it's almost impossible to beat somebody in that game if they are good.
I know you can just not get caught in the choke, but that isn't what this discussion is about. This is about whether it's fair that you can't escape once you ARE caught.
EDIT: And armbars or leg locks... I never escape those either. I know I can't be just bad at the mini-game, because nobody ever escapes from me. I have just seen very very few escapes from locked in submissions. What would everyone think about an extra transition to get into subs? Sort of like the omoplata and gogo require rubber guard. Although I am not even sure if this would help solve the problem I was talking about.|||I disagree as I've been able to survive chokes against guys who have 100% of their wins (20 plus only fights) by chokes. I am also unable to submit some people with chokes (with a good choke-sub fighter) because some guys are simply able to outplay me on the ground.
A lot of people move the stick too fast in the minigame and that is their main problem. Id assume its 90% of why people lose in the minigame. Staying calm is important.|||


I disagree as I've been able to survive chokes against guys who have 100% of their wins (20 plus only fights) by chokes. I am also unable to submit some people with chokes (with a good choke-sub fighter) because some guys are simply able to outplay me on the ground.
A lot of people move the stick too fast in the minigame and that is their main problem. Id assume its 90% of why people lose in the minigame. Staying calm is important.

I'd agree with you, except I sub people with ease. It's the exact same game for offense and defense, and unless the person on offense does exceptionally bad, I haven't seen people with problems completing subs.

No comments:

Post a Comment